Belmont established its Colombia offices in 2006 to better serve our growing list of customers in that country and the entire Andes region. The Belmont office and warehouse in Colombia are located at Terminal Terrestre de Carga, a dedicated cargo terminal developed to centralize and streamline the handling of freight coming into and out of Bogotá.
The facility’s employees manage recycling processes, inspect potential recyclable materials on site, and facilitate exports of materials under strict local environmental regulations.
Belmont Colombia is successfully running the first buyback program in the country with Millicom-TIGO. The program supports individuals in keeping up with technological advances and encourages social responsibility by promoting the reuse of phones and materials. Learn more about the buyback program .
In 2012, Belmont Trading participated as co-leaders on the development of the ITU Sustainability Toolkit for the information and communication technologies (ICT) sector. The toolkit outlines standards for environmental sustainability in the industry.
Our core services include:
- Product teardown and preparation for export to the Belmont facility in Guadalajara, Mexico , or corporate headquarters in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
- Pre-destruction activities before transportation
- Trade-in program management
- Excess, obsolete, and surplus material management
- Detailed settlement reports fulfilling all legal requirements
- Certificates of destruction
The facility holds the following certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- OHSAS 18001:2007
Belmont Trading Colombia
Direct:: +57 1 7427928